The European BHD Consortium (EBC) is a network of researchers and clinicians from throughout Europe actively working on Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndrome. We welcome enquiries from researchers anywhere in the world working on BHD syndrome. We welcome membership enquiries from European researchers actively working on BHD syndrome. Contact us.
- The Fourth BHD Symposium took place in Cincinnati, USA on March 28th-30th 2012. Abstracts are available here.
- The Third BHD Symposium was held in Maastricht, the Netherlands, on 11th and 12th May 2011. Abstracts are available here.
- The Second BHD Symposium was held in Washington DC, April 22nd 2010. Videos of Dr Laura Schmidt, Dr Berton Zbar, Dr Frank McCormack, and Joyce Graff presenting at the Second BHD Symposium 2010 are available to view here.
- ‘Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome: diagnosis and management’ has been published by the EBC in the Lancet Oncology.
- A free online database of sequence variation in the Folliculin gene is available here. Curated by Dr Derek Lim, the database describes unpublished and published mutations, and has been recognised by the Human Genome Variation Society. Researchers are encouraged to add new results. Further details have been published in the journal Human Mutation here.
- PREDIR, a network of 25 centres of expertise for rare hereditary renal tumours, based in Paris, France and headed by EBC member Professor Stéphane Richard, has been officially recognised as a National Reference Center for Rare Tumors by the French Department of Health and the French NCI. The centre also carries out a large amount of Research into Birt-Hogg-Dubé Syndrome. Visit www.predir.org for more information.